Saturday, April 12, 2008

FReAkY FriDaY!

Woosshhh....Whizzzz....Booommm!

Flying twigs...branches lying on the streets...

What on earth's happening? I was on my way to Kuwait City last Friday at around 5:30 p.m. then... with just a blink of an eye, the almost perfect weather turned into something you can never imagine. Strong winds...followed by total darkness...zero visibility prompting all vehicles to flash their hazard lights...the last worst sandstorm that I have ever witnessed was in 2003 in Nassiriya, Iraq...but last Friday's was something more!

Suddenly, hale started to pour in. Is this the effect of global warming? I could have decided to head home but I was almost to Kuwait City. What the heck! I might as well go through the whole adventure.

Traffic jam was terrible...then my phone rang. Resty, my fashion designer buddy was shrieking wet and dusty recounting to me his harrowing experience a few minutes back. "It's like 9/11 here in Mirqab!" he was tensed. Keep cool ok? He just came out running before a floor of a building collapsed. People ran out for safety....The whole place was in a mountain of dust, he shrieked. You should celebrate gurl for another new life!

Good grief! Earlier that day, he was tagging me along to Mubarakiya to shop for textiles...thanks but no thanks, I was still nursing a bad stomach so I begged off. Call it instinct! Whew! Thank God.

Finally, after a fierce battle with the traffic in the Sheraton roundabout, I reached Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf in Muthanna where Faisal (my officemate) and his friends were waiting for me. Do you exactly know what I had to endure on the way just to have this refreshing Chamomile tea?

Indeed, it's a FrEaKy FriDaY but mind you I also had a YuMmY & FiReLiCiOuS ThUrSDaY!

No comments: